The WOLVERINE Grinding Jig is the CORE component of the ONEWAY WOLVERINE line of grinding products. Producing razor sharp tools and finely finished bevels has moved from an art into a science. Owning the WOLVERINE Grinding Jig will ultimately save you time, frustration and money. You can now grind your tools properly the first time. Uniform cutting edges and single facet bevels will give you safer, more predictable tools. Because you are grinding your tools less, both your wheels and tools will last longer. The Grinding Jig comes with two bases - grinders come with two wheels, so we include two bases. By mounting one under each wheel, grinding operations can be rapidly performed on either side of your grinder without having to re-position bases. Bases are equipped with cam-lock clamping that makes the removal and installation of all attachments possible in 10 seconds or less. The cam forces all attachments rigidly into the base which eliminates all play. This Grinding Jig also comes equipped with an adjustable angle sturdy platform that has a 3 x 5 inch working area. This platform can be used on both the left and right hand sides of the grinder. An adjustable speed handle makes adjustments quick and easy and ensures that the handle is never in the way. The Wolverine System was designed to replace conventional light duty toolrests with heavy duty universal grinding and dressing jigs for low cost grinders. Properly installed, with balanced wheels, this system will outperform grinders costing in excess of $500.00.
NOTE: When fitted to heavy duty grinders with cast iron tool rests and guards, some modification to these rests and guards may be necessary. If in doubt inquire before purchase.
Why is owning a grinding fixture so important?
More consistent grinding will give more consistent cutting, which will lead to fewer digs and better results.
Our Grinding Jig can be easily used to
sharpen the following tools:
- GOUGES are ground in the Vee-Arm supplied with the WOLVERINE Grinding Jig. The Vee-Arm slides in the base and holds your bevel angle constant. It is long enough to hold any standard tool. Adjusting the arm is as easy as unlocking the clamping lever, moving the arm in or out, and re-clamping the lever. Once the proper angle is determined, turn on your grinder. Place the tool in the vee-pocket, rest the cutting edge directly on the wheel, and roll the tool. It's that simple. A popular shape to a bowl gouge is an "Irish" or "Side" grind. This type of grind is best achieved using the Vari-Grind Attachment.
- CHISELS Carpenter chisels up to 1-1/4" wide can be sharpened using the Wolverine's Vee-Arm. The arm is adjusted to set the bevel, and the chisel can be ground with small sideways motions and light cutting pressure. Three or four strokes on a strop will generate a razor sharp edge.
- SCRAPERS The Wolverine Grinding Jig comes with a 3 x 5 inch adjustable platform which allows even large scrapers to be ground with ease.
- PARTING TOOLS Parting tools are sharpened using the platform. Laying it flat on its side on the platform gives a slight hollow grind which is very desirable for clean parting.
- SKEWS The Wolverine's Vee arm can be used to sharpen skews, but a far superior method is ONEWAY's Skew Grinding Attachment.
- CARVING TOOLS With a finely dressed 80 or 120 grit wheel, even very small carving tools can be superbly ground using the standard Vee-Arm.
Wolverine Grinding Jig
- Brand: Ron Brown's Best
- Product Code: Wolverine Grinding Jig
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $89.99
Tags: Wolverine Grinding Jig