- This jig will allow you to locate all sharpening positions with your bench grinder (grinder not included). The unique grip holder design allows the jig to be ?used as a stone?, which easily guides your blades and chisels. Aluminum construction gives you a smooth sliding side to side action when sharpening.
- Our sharpening jig works with any power or hand grinder that has a tool rest. It is the ideal replacement for the standard tool rest that comes with many factory bench grinders. The jig offers much more flexibility in terms of what you can get done than with the standard factory tool rest. The plate is offset for short chisels, such as Japanese or western butt chisels.
- High-friction pads ensure solid clamping without inadvertent misalignment for optimal accuracy. (Fits most tool rests.) The Sharpening jig can be used with 6" or 8" bench grinders and on many belt sanders/grinders. It quickly and easily mounts directly to the bench in front of the grinder and can be readily folded out of the way for freehand grinding if so desired.
- It can also be adjusted forward and backward for just the right angle. Some aftermarket tool rests don?t move and adjust in this fashion thus limiting your ability to be accurate with your angles. The table straddles wheels up to 1inchwide.
- Ratcheting handles lock the adjustable rest solidly in position and can be moved out of the way after locking to keep from accidentally bumping them. You can easily move the tool rest from one grinder to another or quickly remove it from the bench when not needed for grinding. Some assembly required. Bench top mounting screws are included.
Adjustable Replacement Tool Rest Sharpening Jig
- Brand: Ron Brown's Best
- Product Code: B0049RD9YO
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $32.99